The benefits conferred by this guarantee are in addition to, and not in substitution for, any other rights and remedies given to consumers in relation to goods under the Trade Practices Act (and similar State and Territory laws) and are subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. This guarantee only applies in relation to products marked “first quality” by Johnson Tiles Pty Ltd and purchased on or after April 1, 2009
2. The act of laying the material means the material is accepted for décor, shade, quality, type and size. No claim will be accepted once the material is laid. FIXING OF THE PRODUCT CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRODUCT.
3. Please note: Certain defects which may become apparent after installation can be related to how the tiles were installed or to the supporting structure and materials. Ceramic tiles must be fixed in accordance with the relevant fixative manufacturer’s instructions and/or AS3958.1-1991 “Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles”. This guarantee will not cover situations where it cannot be satisfactorily demonstrated that substrate materials and fixatives are fit for purpose and have been correctly used.
4. We advise customers to purchase 5%-15% additional quantity so as to allow for tiles which are damaged during or after installation. Johnson Tiles Pty Ltd does not guarantee the availability of replacement tiles of the same colour or pattern after the time of purchase.
5. Once the tiles have been laid, liability will not be accepted for shading or obvious visual faults. Tiles with obvious manufacturing defects should not be laid.
6. All ceramic tiles can be slippery when wet. Liability will not be accepted for accidents due to inappropriate tile selection, maintenance or carelessness.
7. If a purchaser makes a claim under this guarantee, Johnson Tiles Pty Ltd may, in it’s sole discretion, offer to either (i) replace the goods or (ii) supply equivalent goods.
8. This guarantee supersedes all Guarantees and Warranties issued by Johnson Tiles prior to
April 1, 2009.
Johnson Tiles Pty. Ltd.
A.C.N. 004 576 103 A.B.N. 66 004 576 103
Click here for a to download a PDF version of the 10 Year Guarantee April 2009